The Lifecycle pathway provides online training for:
|Service Strategy (SS)||Service Design (SD)||Service Transition (ST)|
|Service Operation (SO)||Continual Service Improvement (CSI)||Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)|
You will receive:
|Access to each of the 6 Courses||Access to each of the Exam Preparation Programs||Access to each PDF Textbook|
Please note the corresponding Official AXELOS® ITIL® book is not included in the course fees. Only the corresponding certification kit books are included.
Get ITIL Certified
The ITIL Expert Capability Pathway Bundle provides you with a convenient way to access the most popular intermediate stream, as well as giving you everything you need to become an ITIL expert. There has never been a better time to get your hands on these world recognized certifications!
ITIL Certification Made Easy
The Art of Service's Certification Kits are an excellent way for you to be formally recognised for your skills. Work towards your certificate from the comfort of your own home or office. There's no need for expensive training seminars as we have designed all of our programs to suit even the busiest of schedules. You decide when to train!
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam
What's the difference between the Lifecycle and Capability certificates?
The Lifecycle and Capability certificates comprise the two streams, or branches, of the ITIL intermediate-level qualification scheme.
The Lifecycle stream-which includes the Service Strategy qualification-consists of five modules or certifications. These certifications focus on the Service Lifecycle, the use of process and practice within the lifecycle and developing the skills needed to deliver quality Service Management practices in an organization.
The Capability certificates, which are made up of four modules, are geared toward those who want a thorough understanding of ITIL processes and roles. The primary focus is on activities, execution and use of the processes throughout the entire Service Lifecycle.
About the Examinations:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the Service Strategy Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exams
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study for each program by reviewing the eLearning pgram and the book in preparation for the examination.
- The intermediate exams are a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited